What is humanmade.net?
humanmade.net is a website helping authors promote their books through a variety of free and paid book promotion service. It helps authors and writers promote their books and helps readers searching for books find what they are looking for.
Can I post my books on humanmade.net?
Sure. humanmade.net is open for all authors from all countries to promote their books.
What would I get when I submit for book promotion?
Every author submits his/her books on humanmade.net gets a special personal profile page showing his/her biography, summary of all books / works listed on humanmade.net in addition to a secure contact form enabling site visitors to contact him/her (authors can opt out of this if they desire). A special page is also created for each book submitted, showing related information (for example: description, book cover, images, links, videos ... etc). In addition, rating widgets and comments forms are available which enable site visitors to rate, review and comment on these books. Thus, bringing more interactivity and room for readers to share their opinions about these books. Sharing widgets (bookmarking services and social networks sharing) are available all the way, to help people spread the word and share the content on other networks.
How many books can I submit?
You can submit as many books as you can (given that these books are created by you). Having many books on humanmade.net will help in enriching your profile page and enhance your web presence.
How can I ensure that my book submission will be accepted?
We always strive to display quality content for our website visitors. Providing a quality content will help listed authors having better ranks on search engines. Authors are required to provide a unique description about their books. We understand, that sometimes, listed books may appear on other websites, however, it is not recommended to replicate the description into this website, some creativity is recommended to have a custom description. Always remember, having a unique and quality content will reflect positively on your listing here and your web presence in general.
Most important things to keep in mind are:
1- You must be submitting information related to your works. You should be the author of the book. If submissions are made on behalf of other people they will not be accepted.
2- Biography section should be 50 words at least (the longer the better).
3- Book Description section should be 100 words at least (the longer the better).
4- A link to an image representing the work (for example: an image of an artwork, or book cover) should be provided.
How long will it take before my book submission is accepted and start to appear?
Accepting submissions on humanmade.net is not an automatic process, each single submission is reviewed and moderated by real people, this way, we make sure that submissions are within the standards for the benefit of the readers, the authors and the website. Therefore, accepting and indexing book submissions might take three to four weeks on the average. Always, keep in mind that no submission will instantly appear, so please submit your book only once. If you want an expedited process and faster indexing, you can choose our 'Power Listing' service.
How can I amend my book after being accepted and indexed?
Just fill the submission form, and make sure you select the option "Current Listing Update" and inlcude the link to your book on humanmade.net and fill the fields you want to update with the amended details. To save your time, if other fields not changed, you can leave them empty (as long as they are not mandatory). You will need to include your email address you used for the original submission.
Can businesses, publishing houses, communities and other forms of entities (other than individuals) submit their books?
Yes. For a certain (one-time) fee a profile will be created and submitted works will be reviewed and listed (this is subject to the same terms and guidelines that we follow for all submitted books). Each business will have a profile page and separate page for each work submitted and enjoy all features available for other users.
Do you offer other means and tools to increase the exposure of my current listed books?
Yes. 'humanmade Ads' is an ad unit of your book that we can display for you accross humanmade.net pages for a minimal fee for a period of one month or a number of weeks, which you can renew at anytime. For more information please visit Advertise With Us
What is Author in the Spotlight?
'Author in the Spotlight' is a spot made at the home page used to feature an author for few days. Author in the Spotlight is somehow random, yet, we have some criteria that we still consider when choosing an author.
How can I increase my chances to be considered for Author in the Spotlight?
Providing a good biography for your author profile page and doing good social sharing of your profile and book(s) pages. Also, authors who submitted their books under 'Power Listing' will have better chances to appear on Author in the Spotlight.
What is Power Listing book promotion?
'Power Lisiting' gives the author more advantages over the regular free listing for a minimal fee.
By opting for a Power Listing:
- Your submission will receive priority review and an expedited processing / indexing.
- Your book will get more frequent tweets (10 tweets - minimum) in addition to posts on social networks, groups and communities to increase your book exposure on the web.
- Your other links to your book, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords ... etc, will also be tweeted.
- Your book will float at the top of latest listings on the home page for a longer period compared to free regular listing, this means better and longer visibility.
- Your book will be part of the "A Random Book" block that runs and displays accross several pages of the website, which means continuous and better visibility.
- Not only this, your chances of being featured on the Author in the Spotlight will increase.
How Does It Work?
To opt in for / purchase a Power Listing:
- Make sure you indicate this on the submission form by chosing 'Yes, I Want a Power Listing' at the end of the form.
- Your submission will receive a priority review and you will be contacted to inform you of the acceptance of your submission and the payment method. Please add the address: email@example.com to your contact list in order to avoid the possibility that our emails get blocked or sent to Junk folder in your email system/inbox, thus making sure you receive our communications.
- Send payment of USD 4.99 to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal and indicate in your payment details the name of the book you are submitting and add to it 'Power Listing'.
- Once payment is received, your work will start to appear (after brief processing) and you will start to enjoy the benefits of the Power Listing.
- Please note that if no payment is received your work will never be indexed.
- Submit your book now
What are the listing options we offer?
humanmade.net offers Two options for authors to list their books (Regular Listing (Free) and Power Listing ($4.99)), an option dedicated to special discounts and promotion (Free Books & Deals) in addition to extra service called (Advertise with us) which gives the author more exposure which function as our internal advertisements. More detailed information can be found on Our Services
How can I upgrade my current 'Regular / Free' Listing to a "Power' Listing?
You can upgrade your book to 'Power Listing' anytime without having to resubmit all your book details all over again. Just send the 'Power Listing' fees ( $4.99 ) to us (email@example.com
) via PayPal and include your book link on humanmade.net and the words POWER LISTING UPGRADE in the payment details and we will upgrade it for you. Please allow for 48 hours for processing.