You are here
Imagine living in a pain beyond description, unable to do the simplest tasks that you have been doing your entire life, unable to sleep, and dealing with sensory overload (every noise is too loud, light too bright and smell too strong). All this with people telling you that you’re fine, it’s all in your head, just suck it up and move on. Imagine how you would cope with the pain and other symptoms with no support from friends, family or the medical community. How would you move forward? How would you live your life each day?
This is what many diagnosed with Fibromyalgia experience every day. Fibromyalgia takes a toll physically, emotionally and relationally. Millions of people have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia; these Fibromyalgians must navigate the pain and myriad of other symptoms often with little support. No Fibromyalgian should feel like they are in this alone, there are millions of us and we can provide each other with support, encouragement and advice. Through each other and with the help of Christ, we can all make our way through the dark tunnel of pain into a new life of blessing and hope.
Within these pages you will find:
- Basic information and details about Fibromyalgia
- Recent research and advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Stories (mine and others) of those who have navigated the journey and found a life of blessing and hope after the diagnosis
- Action steps (treatment options) to take to create a new life plan that will lead you to a life of blessing and hope
- Tips on what fellow Fibromyalgians have found useful in their journey
- Links to educational and support resources
If you have Fibromyalgia, you are not alone. Others share your experiences and there are many places to find support and encouragement. Many have found a different but better life on the other side of the diagnosis.
If you are the family or friend of a Fibromyalgian, this is an opportunity to understand what they are experiencing and how you can support them and provide encouragement.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." – Romans 15:13